We are now ten weeks, so I suppose it must be Day 71. Hair washed and tied back with a scarf. Bit arty-farty but it keeps the hair off my forehead and neck. Still sunny with a little breeze. Rain has been forecast over night. Not sure I believe them. Awake early so got up. So did P, so we collected plants, goosegogs, meringues and cherries. Filled water containers and make flask of coffee and went to plot. A said she would come this morning as she didn't have time to water yesterday, so P left me there while he did shopping. A to text him when we are leaving. There was a plan to net the fruit so I set to weeding the fruit bed. Found lots of strawberry plants. Later, when A and J came, we also found the first ripe strawberries - hurrah! The marestail seems to shelter and keep them warm so they grow and ripen early. A few raspberries were ready as well. Useful marestail! A even suggested keeping some of it to carry on doing the job. Very warm on the plot, so kept stopping for ...
Comments
Post a Comment